Guide To Launching GoPuff Clone: How To Build App Like GoPuff, GoPuff Clone Features & Cost Of Building
Getting food delivered to home has become a phenomenal concept over the past few years but the trend has become even more popular after COVID-19 onset. COVID-19 restrictions have altered the customer behavior as the number of consumers visiting the restaurants has declined and the number of people ordering food from the premises of their house has increased. This shift in food industry dynamics has encouraged a number of entrepreneurs to venture into on-demand food delivery platforms. GoPuff is one of the most popular names in on-demand food and alcohol delivery services. Since its launch in 2013, the company has grown to the value of $8.9B with a presence in more than 550 cities and 250+ fulfillment centers.
If you are also interested in launching your own GoPuff clone, here is a simple guide to help you step into on-demand food delivery industry.
Developing An App Like GoPuff:
Developing an app like GoPuff has different stages-
- Market Research: First step of GoPuff clone development is to conceptualize the idea and research the market to understand the competitors in the on-demand food delivery industry.
- Research The Target Market: Understand the target audience for your on-demand food delivery platform. this step involves deciding if you want to target the audience that your competitors are catering to or a new section of consumers.
- What Is Your USP? The next step is to find USP of your company. USP can be in terms of service, features, benefits, product categories, etc. The USP of your GoPuff clone will help you stand apart from other on-demand delivery platforms in the industry.
- Decide The Business Model: On-demand food delivery apps can have different business models, such as GoPuff business model (inventory-based) or Uber Eats Business Model. Here, we will focus on developing an app like GoPuff. For details on Uber Eats like app, click here.
- Tie Up With Right Stakeholders: Stakeholders for your on-demand food delivery app would be the product manufacturers, alcohol sellers, delivery partners, etc. Build the right partners to provide large variety of products and ensure timely delivery.
- Decide The Revenue Model: Understand the GoPuff revenue model and formulate the right monetization strategy for your GoPuff like app. Understand the revenue streams you would like to add to your business model.
- Build Your App Like GoPuff: Now you have a business model, right partners and market knowledge, the next step is to build your on-demand food delivery platform. Partner with the right mobile app development company to ensure the right set of features and app architecture.
Also Read: Understanding the On-Demand Business Model
Features Of GoPuff Clone
Features List Of GoPuff Clone
Every delivery app structure has three different interfaces:
- Customer Interface
- Supplier Interface
- Delivery Interface
The three different interfaces of the on-demand food delivery service will help your GoPuff clone in smooth functioning on all ends. Every interface or app has a set of necessary features that need to be added for ensuring efficient functioning. Here is a list of necessary features for every interface of a GoPuff clone app.
When building an app like GoPuff, it is important to ensure that the customers have an easy and smooth order placement and buying experience. So, include following features in the customer interface of your on-demand food delivery platform:
- Easy sign up and login via social media accounts
- Search and filter options for products, brands, etc.
- Review order option and product suggestions
- Multiple integrated payment options
- Order tracking to view real time location of order
- Order history and repeat the last purchase option
- Push notifications regarding order and delivery
- Discounts, offers and deals section
Here is a list of supplier interface features you need to include in your on-demand food delivery app:
- Admin panel with features to track in-demand products, manage customers, etc.
- Push notifications to keep a check on orders placed and fulfilled
- Integrated chat option to check on delivery agent and customer
- Real time reporting and analytics
- Editing menu option
Delivery agents are an integral part of the on-demand food delivery service. Check the following list of delivery interface features.
- Order details to help delivery agent check if any product is missing
- Access to basic customer profile to ensure order is delivered to the right customer
- Location and route optimization
- Set active/inactive status
Super Tips For Developing Food & Alcohol Delivery App Like GoPuff
Some simple success secrets from GoPuff business model and app can actually help in ensuring the success of your on-demand food delivery app.
- Fully Integrated Model: Unlike other food delivery apps, GoPuff follows an inventory-based model. The company collects products and stores them in its own centers from where they are distributed to the customers. This helps in offering consumers a direct access to products on the homepage of the app. They are not required to sift through different brand or retailer stores to find the available products. This adds to the customer experience by simplifying the ordering process.
- Seamless Onboarding: The effortless sign up process using social media accounts and by collecting as little information as necessary also amplifies the customer experience. The easy sign up and login feature included in the customer interface of on-demand food delivery platform helps in making the app popular among customers.
- Dynamic Product Categories: Dynamic categories feature enables you to list categories based on location, time, customer behavior history, etc. This helps in upselling by making product suggestions at the time of checkout.
Cost Of Developing GoPuff Clone
Developing a GoPuff clone requires a higher cost as compared to generic apps as it has a complex structure with three interfaces. The total cost of developing an on-demand food and alcohol delivery app like GoPuff depends on app and development factors such as number of features, complexity level, target OS, third party integrations, location of developers, UI/UX design, backend development, web panel development, quality assurance, and app maintenance.
Depending on the above factors, the development cost for GoPuff clone can range between $10K to $15K. Code Brew Labs offers an affordable solution that includes advanced features and faster launch time. As professional leaders, we offer ready-to-use solutions with flexibility to customize as per your business requirements. Interested in launching your on-demand food and alcohol delivery platform o want an exact quotation, Let’s connect now!
August 23, 2021
ALSO ON CODE BREW