How Launching Your Pickup & Delivery Mobile App Can Help Your Business?
The coronavirus pandemic had a devastating impact on the global economy. With almost every sector affected by this virus outbreak, it goes without saying that technology helped the world to survive these tough times. Whether it is a spike in the number of online grocery orders or the growth of e-commerce, technology paved the road to survival and success for different industries.
Nearly 56% of business owners launched their own branded on-demand delivery solutions during the second quarter, 2020. Myrties and Clyde were among them, and have something similar to say.
And it is not just about Greg or Sam. There are many more business owners and entrepreneurs having a similar experience to share. Simply putting, these solutions have flourished enormously and the trend is expected to continue for long. Let’s explore why.
Why Pickup & Delivery Solutions Are Turning Rage Post Covid-19 Outbreak?
While all the businesses took a setback in the beginning of 2020, there were others which managed to run smoothly. Most of them were empowered by advanced pickup and delivery technology solutions. And the major reason why these gained immense popularity was the advanced safety they offered.
Yes, on-demand delivery apps added safety to every aspect. Right from keeping the customers safe at their homes to manage secure deliveries, it handled everything efficiently. Here’s how:
Ensuring Customer’s Safety With Branded App & Website
The utmost priority for any business during the Covid times is to deliver goods safely. On-demand delivery solutions make it possible for them to cater safe, hygienic, and time-efficient deliveries. Having a branded delivery app offers numerous benefits to your customers:
- Safe Order Placement – The customers can easily search for goods and services they require. Moreover, they have the option to place orders instantly or schedule them for the desired time.
- Contactless Delivery – Amidst these tough times, the feature to opt for zero-contact or no-contact deliveries added a lot to customer experience. With zero-touch delivery, businesses can easily prevent the virus spread and help customers follow the social distancing practices.
- Multiple Payment Options – Another added benefit customers get is the multiple online payment options. They can avoid cash on delivery options and choose other ways to make an online payment, which are safer for both customers and the delivery agents.
- Real-time Tracking – After placing their orders, customers can keep a track of their orders and the delivery agent’s locations. Moreover, they get real-time ETAs, keeping them informed for their order delivery.
- In-app Chat– This feature allows the customers to connect with the delivery agents and business admin for any kind of queries related to delivery.
Keeping Delivery Agents Safe With Intuitive Apps
Driver or agent apps act as a highly useful tool to manage deliveries efficiently. These are easy-to-use and empower your fleet significantly with several features:
- Seamless Onboarding- Drivers get a very simple onboarding process that majorly includes adding of their personal and health details.
- Route Optimization– The in-app navigation feature suggests your agents the shortest routes. It helps them complete the deliveries on-time and every time.
- Task Notifications & Alerts – Your delivery agents get instant notification on the app whenever a delivery task is assigned to them. They have complete freedom to accept or reject the delivery request, as per their availability.
- Track Earning – Next, the agents can keep a record of the successfully completed orders through their app. Also, they can track their daily, weekly or monthly earnings easily.
- Proof of Delivery – For added safety of the agents, they can ask for electronic delivery proofs. After completing a delivery, they can get digital signatures, notes, photos, etc.
Securing Your Business & Growth With Powerful Admin Panel
Having a robust and feature-loaded admin dashboard can help your pickup and delivery business outgrow. Especially, in these times when it is important to maintain the safety of your customers, agents and overall growth. So, your dashboard empowers you with exceptional features like:
- Complete Business Management – Admin gets a bird’s-eye view to track and manage all the aspects of their business. Right from managing their customers, drivers, orders, deliveries and lot more, all from a single window.
- Delivery Task Assignments – With the auto-allocation feature, it gets simplified for the business owners to assign pickup and delivery tasks to the nearest available agents. Along with that, they can also assign the tasks manually, whenever required.
- Advanced Analytics & Business Reports – The admin can benefit greatly from data-driven insights to analyze their customer behavior. Moreover, they can get complete business performance reports and check on the numbers making a difference to your success. It will help them a target, attract and retain the right customers and make informed decisions.
- Add-on Safety Midst COVID times- There are some highly advanced features that only a few solutions like Deliver Safe offers. Basically, It allows admin to add and edit any number of quarantined or lockdown locations. Plus, it facilitates them to track and keep a record of the travel and health history of their agents. They can mark the positive- tested drivers and disable them from delivery. And also, send instant notifications to the customers, drivers and government and take safety precautions, whenever an agent is tested positive.
With the world now escalating towards the ‘Next Normal’, it is the best time to make a decision. You need to gear up your business for every challenge. And to help you with this, nothing serves better than having your own branded pick up & delivery solution. Not only it adds efficiency to your business, but also is helpful in maintaining all the safety standards.
Are you inspired by the phenomenal success of popular on-demand delivery businesses? You can be the next leading name in the industry. Just a right move and you can turn the tables over. Need to know how you can head-start building your own pick-up & delivery app? Get in touch with us today.
January 4, 2021
ALSO ON CODE BREW