Primarily engaged in a presales technical consultancy role, the consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
- To proactively participate in sales cycles by locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring new opportunities.
- To build productive relationships by responding to all the queries and requirements posted by clients
- To gather information about the client’s requirements by calling or mails and be able to develop templates to assist in sales efforts.
- Possess an understanding of managing leads, take regular follow-ups and set up meetings.
- Should be able to create proposals in respect of technical aspect, timeframe, costing and other details as per the requirement of clients.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include – activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPIs.
- Possess an understanding of sales methodologies and should be able to apply them in a sales situation.
- Would also be responsible for getting business through different channels such as Elance, Odesk, Email Marketing for IT services.